Sunday, April 22, 2018

Welp...I lost my jobby-job.

Again. Major life event some would say, some not. Which are you? Are you paying attention? At this point in my career, major life event. That's two now. Two in a row. It's making me take a long hard look at my life. A major life event will do that to you, if you're paying attention. I wasn't. I haven't been for a long time. Just set it in neutral for oh, I don't know how long. Coasting.

Major life events are stunning aren't they? They're soul-rattling. They're destabilizing. They will take your core, your gut, and squeeze. Like a boa constrictor. That is, if you let it. What do you do with these things? What do you with an event so devastating, so monumental...?

Of course, you're thinking of negative major life events, which is what I'm talking about. But positive major life events can have the same effect. They are soul-rattling. They are destabilizing. They will take your insides and squeeze. If you don't believe me just think back in your life to when you had your first child.

This isn't where I was. I was just coasting remember. Nah, said life. Hello! Wake up! I SAID WAKE UP POOH!

It's your choice actually. What you do with a major life event devastating or exhilarating; welp...It's your choice. You do have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment